Makes 2 x 25cm pizzas
Prep Time: 35 minutes plus proving
Cook Time: 25 minutes
For the pizza base:
250g “00” pasta flour
1 tsp easy bake yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
100ml Badger Fursty Ferret, at room temperature
For the sauce:
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
227g can chopped tomatoes
1/2 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp dried oregano
semolina, to sprinkle
For the topping:
60g chopped chorizo
60g salami with fennel, ripped
125g mozzarella, ripped
Fresh basil and chilli oil, to serve
- Mix together the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, Furtsy Ferret and 50ml lukewarm water, mix together adding more lukewarm water if needed to form a soft dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a well floured surface and knead for approximately 8 – 10 minutes until the dough is quite smooth. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for approx. 1 hour until doubled in size.
- For the sauce, cook the onion in the oil for 5 minutes then add the remaining ingredients, apart from the semolina, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 220C, 200C fan, Gas 7 and place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute, and cut in half. Place one half under a clean tea towel, meanwhile roll out the other half to a 25cm circle.
- Sprinkle some semolina on another baking sheet and place the pizza on top. Spread half the sauce on the pizza, leaving about 1cm around the edge.
- Top with half the chorizo, salami and mozzarella and slide the pizza off the baking sheet onto the hot one in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the pizza is cooked. Finish with basil leaves and chilli oil.
- Repeat with the other base.
Please Drink Responsibly.