Is there anything more comforting than a sticky toffee pudding? If you’re feeling The Bake Off Effect then give our delicious Blandford Fly-infused recipe a try.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 – 45 minutes
For the pudding:
250g pitted dates, chopped
200ml Blandford Fly
2 balls of stem ginger from a jar, finely chopped and 4 tbsp syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
85g salted butter, softened
75g light brown muscovado sugar
75g caster sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp mixed spice
175g self-raising flour
For the sauce:
1 ball of stem ginger, finely chopped and 2 tbsp stem ginger syrup
100g salted butter
150g light brown muscovado sugar
100ml double cream
40g walnut pieces
Blandford Fly, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C, fan 160C, gas 4.
- Place the dates, Blandford Fly, stem ginger and syrup in a saucepan and boil for 2 – 3 minutes to just soften the dates a little. Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda and cool a little.
- Meanwhile, using an electric whisk beat together the butter and sugars until combined well, then gradually beat in the eggs and follow with the mixed spice.
- Fold in the flour and date mixture using a large metal spoon.
- Place in a buttered 2-litre rectangular or oval ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 35–40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Add all the ingredients into a saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally until it boils.
- Using a skewer, make holes all over the sponge and pour the sauce over the top of the pudding and place under a medium-hot grill for 8–10 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving with cream and a glass of Blandford Fly.
Tip: To chop the dates and ginger quickly use a food processor.
Please Drink Responsibly.